We recently published the first public release of a new plug-in called Pulse (mod_pulse), and it has been officially approved today!
The Pulse activity enables teachers to improve student engagement and compliance. Example uses for this plugin could include:
- Notifying students about new content that is available to them (drip feed)
- Reminding students about activities that are due
- Sending personalized welcome messages for groups
- Implementing approval workflows for teachers and parents, respectively line managers and employees
- Building complex course workflows with alternatives, e.g. for multilingual contents (those who struggled with course completion for multilingual contents, where users can choose, will know what I’m talking about)
- Giving teachers a simple way to decide when a student can proceed with the course
- Creating disclaimers in a course
- … and many more
You can get the plugin at: https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_pulse.
If you just want to try it out, head over to our test site: https://labs.bdecent.de/.
Our plugin roadmap can be found here: https://bdecent.de/pulse/roadmap/.
If you would like to get a live demo, comment below!
There’s a paid pro version, which adds powerful features:
- Reminders (First, second, recurring)
- Reactions (in-email reactions, secured via tokens)
Feel free to post questions and suggestions below, or — as usual — to the bug tracker.